The following are some like minded interesting blogs that I need to follow, already follow, or know personally (in no particular order).
A bit of a resource for you and for me.
Other blogs I have appeared in:
- TechChange – A blog looking at technology for social change. They let me blog for them from time to time.
- InternationalBlah – Bizarre rants about random topics of obscure interest. I blog with one of my oldest friends from time to time as well.
- Human Rights Now – Amnesty International USA’s blog. Once upon a time my name appeared on this blog. Great updates on international human rights situation.
Interesting blogs and that I don’t know personally:
- Appfrica – Don’t know them too well but like what I’ve read!
- Playing for Change – makes me smile
- IntLawGrrls – Well written posts about international law and human rights.
- ICT4Peace – and this just might be what I want to do when I grow up.
- EduTech – or this might be what I want to do when I grow up…
- HowMatters – Great blog to keep up to date on developments in development.
- WhyDev – Cool community of development practitioners blogging
- Development as anthropological object – Yes.
- Faculty Focus – Answering the questions that keep the teacher in me up at night.
Global Health Corps 2011-2012 Team (active blogs):
- The official Global Health Corps blog.
- stop. temps d’hazard – A GHC fellow working Burundi, I read it and wish I was able to visit!
- Benjamin Hartigan – A GHC fellow working in Rwanda and one of the best architects of our GHC class, and our generation (no pressure, Ben!).
- Obulamu – A GHC fellow working in western Uganda, Obulamu means “life” and “health.”
- My little platform – A GHC fellow working at Mpoma Community HIV/AIDS Initiative in Uganda and her adventures.
- The More I See – A GHC fellow working in Malawi, member of the “smoking lounge” working to promote global health equity.
- Stories of Conflict and Love – Photographer, writer, storyteller, join her on her travels through conflict zones.
- joe lukawski – Photography, videographer, journalist. A constant source of inspiration.
- Pathways to a peaceful Liberia – Ebenezer works with Liberian youth in peace education.
- SueBuntu – Moodle nerd! and my Uganda predecessor.
- His old familiar pillow – beautiful silly stories about the world from a very old friend.
- Siena Anstis – A friend and kindred spirit working on human rights issues worldwide.
- The African Timer – A Ugandan friend who will hopefully teach me more about Uganda than he anticipates!
- The Humanitarian Space – Mitchel Sutika Sipus, a good friend and a good researcher, working in Kabul.
- Paul’s Brain Blog – Keep up with Paul’s journey through brain surgery to stop (correct? cure? what’s the right word) his epilepsy, for those who know him or know of him through all my talking, follow this!
- Side Hustle Stories – A good friend, photographer, videographer and story teller, check out her accounts of Side Hustles in the DC metro area.
- bourbonismyspinach – Want to know how to make good cocktails? Read this.
- The Permanent Observer – Mallory Sutika Sipus insightful writing on international human rights law.